An exciting opportunity to work with an innovative organisation providing excellent ‘patient care by people who care’.
BrisDoc provides the SevernSide Integrated Urgent Care Service (IUCS) for the whole of the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire area. The post holder will be a qualified GP and work clinically in the Severnside service to assess and manage patients’ urgent primary care problems between 2pm and 10pm Monday to Friday with a commitment to partake in the weekend IUC rota.
This role has been created as a result of our work on the NHS 111 First program, which seeks to reduce pressure on parts of the health service by redirecting patients to the most appropriate service for their needs and avoid hospital attendances. The appointee will work within our teams to focus on this work, which will include the reassessment of patients whom have been initially advised to attend ED by NHS 111, alongside the existing work that the WDPL and IUC services provide.
You will demonstrate safe clinical decision-making, and will work collaboratively as part of a wider team of employed and self-employed clinicians and operational colleagues. It would be anticipated that GPs would usually undertake a mixture of remote assessment (telephone and video assessment), advising community-based colleagues when considering medical admission, and partake in face-to-face appointments and home visiting when working at the weekends.
BrisDoc are a proud provider of NHS Healthcare who are passionate about delivering excellent ‘patient care, by people who care’ for 20 years. We run a diverse range of Primary Care Services including an Integrated Urgent Care Service, GP Practices and a Homeless Health Service. This enables BrisDoc to offer excellent healthcare 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We’re a ‘Social Enterprise’ and an ‘Employee Owned Trust’ – this means the decisions we make, are for the good of our workforce, our wider community and the planet as a whole. By joining BrisDoc, you will be part of a multi-professional organisation that is a fantastic place to work; somewhere that you will feel valued, supported, developed and part of a family. We strive to make sure every member of the team feels proud of the work they do and the service that we offer to over 1 million patients across our region.
- Hours: Minimum 8 per week (2pm – 10 pm Monday to Friday) plus a commitment to participate in the weekend IUC rota.
- Salary Guide:
- Monday to Friday: £73,028 per annum pro rata until 6.30pm and £101,712 from 6.30 to 10pm, rising to £74,495 and £103,745 per annum pro rata respectively after 2 years.
- Weekends: Between £122,046 and £132,226 per annum (pro rata) dependant on shift timings and length of service.
- Generous employee benefits package: including an annual discretionary bonus, NHS Pension (offering 14.38% employer’s contribution) cycle schemes, flexible working, holiday buy back, the ability to participate in exciting and worthwhile opportunities via the BrisDoc community fund and many more.
- 30 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (pro rata) rising to 32 with length of service
- 3 Days study leave per year (pro rata)
- Locations: The WDPL service operates from Osprey Court (South Bristol). The IUC service operates from Treatment Centres in Knowle (South Bristol), Cossham and Southmead (North Bristol), Clevedon and Weston Super Mare (North Somerset). At weekends, the Clinical Assessment Service also operates from the BrisDoc head offices at Osprey Court (South Bristol).
- Terms & Conditions: BrisDoc Terms and Conditions will apply.
Advert closing date: 14th September 2021
Interview: Week commencing TBC
Post expires at 12:00pm on Monday 20th September 2021