We are excited to announce the very first BrisDoc Co-owners Council meeting took place this month. Representation from all areas for BrisDoc came together to discuss the purpose of the Co-owners Council and how it can best serve all BrisDoc Co-owners and patients alike.
In part of a presentation, designed to help Council members understand how the Co-owners Council will function, a useful comparison was made between the Co-owners Council and the BrisDoc Staff Forum. The Co-owners Council will function as a more empowered version of the Staff forum with structured representation across all BrisDoc services to make sure all voices are heard. Council members will have responsibilities to reflect the needs of their teams and communicate ideas and feedback to enable all staff to influence decision making across the organisation.
Council members were asked what they thought could be improved by the inception of a Co-owners Council and we had some fantastic responses including:
- create a model of ‘bottom up’ leadership
- creating better ‘TWO WAY’ communication throughout the organisation
- better representation and consideration of staff voices in company direction
- a safe space to raise important issues
- gather better feedback and intel from the frontline as to whether changes being made are actually working
All in all, a very positive meeting which laid out the foundations for an exciting future, led collectively by our employee Co-owners.