The Care Quality Commission visited our Homeless Health Service on the 5th and 6th June 2017 and awarded us OUTSTANDING!
Needless to say, we are all ecstatic!
BrisDoc have managed the service since October 2016 and have worked hard to ensure that patients are at the centre of everything that we do there. This is a demanding, chaotic, vulnerable and rewarding patient group to care for and staff have to be particularly flexible and empathetic in their approach. Here are some of the comments we received:
- “Staff were motivated and inspired to offer kind and compassionate care and worked to overcome obstacles to achieving this.”
- “Staff were fully committed to working in partnership with patients. The staff had a culture of ‘unconditional positive regard’ for patients and no one was considered beyond help.”
- “There are innovative approaches to providing integrated patient-centred care.”
- “The service had a clear vision and strategy to deliver high quality care and promote the best outcomes for patients.”
- “The service were forward thinking and were innovative in developing new approaches to providing primary care for the homeless.”
- “The dedicated team acted as advocates for patients and worked in partnership with other involved services to ensure that vulnerable patients took priority and were monitored and sign-posted appropriately to receive the best care and support available.”